Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: RE: Mission to Mars

Re: Mission to Mars

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:36:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Mission to Mars

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:15:55 -0400, adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

>If they had named it something else and taken away the vague references
>Heinlein's book (a few character and place names, and some very vague
plot
>ideas), it would have been a fun, but silly, sci-fi action pic.
>
>Hopefully this doesn't ignite the conflict yet again ;-)

The moment I saw the men standing around in a circle, firing at a bug in
the
middle, I started laughing my arse off and realized Verhoven was
laughing at
Heinlein. Now, to be honest, I DO think that Heinlein fans deserve a
serious
treatment of Starship Troopers. But I also think that most sci-fi fans
(who
tend to be a very conservative lot) give his views far too much
credence.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Mission to Mars Next: RE: Mission to Mars