Prev: Re: DS II Infantry vs vehicles Next: Re: DS II Infantry vs vehicles

Re: Falkenberg/DSII

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:54:16 PST
Subject: Re: Falkenberg/DSII

You interpreted the description of the armor the same way I did.
However,
if you'd read further down the page, you'd have seen the quote which led
me
to choose basic targeting as well as ECM. As for Arty, you have
expressed
perfectly the dilemma I faced when doing this write-up.

I was thinking a British Scorpion or a German Luchs would do well. Also,

doesn't the US Army have a 105 mm Howitzer on a light SPG carriage? Just

some ideas.

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@mta.ca>

Quoting from pp. 57-58 (my paperback version):
	"The armor's a sandwich," Azziz said, slapping it
affectionately.
"Twenty mm of steel, then a layer of interwoven Nemourlon and
iron-chrome thread in insulac, then another 20mm of steel. With this on
top." He held up a square of some hard glossy material, on a sheet-metal
backing. "High-stability explosive. Fire a shaped-charge warhead at it,
and it explodes and disrupts the plasma jet. Old Dayan idea."
	"From Earth, really," Melissa said....

	I see that as being 'reactive' within the meaning of the term.

 > >Basic targeting and ECM
 >
 > Weren't they buying electronics from Friedland?  I seem to recall the
 > Friedlanders were starting to wonder about the quantites the Spartans

were
 > buying.

	Yes, indeed that was the case. I'd probably give it Enhanced
targetting
(which they were definitely buying), but maybe only Basic ECM.

 > >The 155 mm artillery version became a light artillery piece, the
extra
space
 > >being taken up by 1 extra fire mission's worth of ammo.
 >
 > I think of Light Arty as 81mm mortar; I'd think of 155mm
 > howitzers as at least medium.

	Unfortunately, Medium artillery (treated as Class 4), takes up
12
space, and a Class 2 vehicle (which I think this is) only has 10.

	By the way, if a design's been made, I'm guessing there might be
miniatures? I'm quite interested in the universe, and I'd be very
interested in hearing what other people may be using in the way of
miniatures....

-Brian Quirt

Prev: Re: DS II Infantry vs vehicles Next: Re: DS II Infantry vs vehicles