Prev: Re: CMD Figs Next: Scotia Micromodels contact

Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:30:06 -0500
Subject: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

At 12:41 AM 3/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>	I got a whole mess of DSII minis (AFVs and infantry mainly) at
last
>years GenCon, and I'm finally getting around to painting them.  Since
>I'm in need some ideas, I was curious as to how all you Groupos out
>there in GZG Mailing List Land paint your DSII forces?

I'm painting up a bunch of Ogre miniatures right now, and I've settled
on a
REALLY easy camo scheme.  It's not all that realistic, but it looks
good.

Dark green base coat, dry brush it with a slightly lighter green.  Paint
large splotches of a light gray-green at the corners and edges of the
tank,
to break up the silhouette.  Then ink the whole think with a dark green
ink.

The only part that I really hate is painting the treads, and I've
learned
to live with that.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: CMD Figs Next: Scotia Micromodels contact