Prev: Re: Gaming Shops in San Diego area? Next: Grey Day To Die: Home Rules [SG2]

Re: [DS2] Pinning Turrets

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 22:22:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2] Pinning Turrets

At 11:18 AM 3/6/00 -0500, Brian wrote:
>Greetings,
>  After running Moonbase Xi for 2 years, I have decided that I need to
pin
>the turrets on my tanks. That is secure the turret to the body, but
still
>allow it to turn. Not having done this before, I would appreciate some
>advice.
>  Some specifics:
>    What type of pin/nail should I use?

Just use sewing pins, with a flat head.

>    What size of drill bit should I get?

I don't remember the diameter I used, which is unfortunate since I need
get more.  In general, though, try to buy the bits from a store that'll
let
them compare the diameters of the bits to the pin.

>    How do I affix the turret to the pin without affixing it to the
tank
>hull?

Carefully. ^_-	I've done some stuff like this; in general, you want to
get
a *small* amount of glue into the hole in the turret, then keep the
whole
tank upside-down and just insert the pin.  Rotate the turret once or
twice
to prevent sticks.  It's not too hard, just go easy on the glue -- after
all, it's not like this is going to be a load-bearing joint or
anything....

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: Gaming Shops in San Diego area? Next: Grey Day To Die: Home Rules [SG2]