Prev: Looking for Battlemechs Next: Re: Packers vs Vikings : Full Metal Central Divisoon

RE: [FT] Miniture sizes

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:23:20 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Miniture sizes

***
Remember to take Volume into consideration.
***

So right. Most of the GZG tend to be flatter than the SM/SD/Tv
designs. On the other hand, greater surface area may indicate
more gun 'ports'. *shrug*

***
Several months ago, somone indicated that he used a grams
scale. He weighed the mini, weighed the stand, subtracted the
stand from the weight of the mini, then did a numeric comparison
from several of the GZG minis. With this as a baseline, he
weighed the non-GZG minis and placed them in the appropriate
catogory. However this seemed like too much work for me.
***

Agreed, especially as different manufactures use different
formulas of white metal, and many of the ships people are bringing
to the table are plastic. ;->=

As a side note, I recently picked up a rule set from 1977
called Stellar Wars by Bruce Loren Miller (both designer attribution
and copyright name) that used volume in ship design, and concluded
with an offer that:

'If there are any ships not listed here that you wish to know about
please send the ship and a sample of the material it is made of to
the following adress(sic) and the Hull Volume, DV(cube root symbol)
DV and size factors will be determined for you and sample will be
returned.' Followed by request of $1 for shipping and handling as
well as the address.

I must admit I was impressed. (Messer Granvold, are you listening?)

The_Beast

Prev: Looking for Battlemechs Next: Re: Packers vs Vikings : Full Metal Central Divisoon