Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: I wanna scenario

Re: DS II Movement

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:34:51 -0700
Subject: Re: DS II Movement

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 16:17:39 PST, "Brian Bilderback" writes:
>Maybe a little, but GEV's ARE supposed to be fast. I'm still working on
the
>system. I based it on class 4 vehicles going the speeds listed in the
book.
>If i move the scale down to class 3 vehicles going that fast, class 5's
end
>up way too slow. Hard to find a happy medium. Suggestions?
>
>Brian B
>----Original Message Follows----
>From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@vex.cs.colorado.edu>
>
>My my reading, you've for a Fast GEV size 1 scout going
>(6 - 1) * 8 = 40.  Seems a little fast to me.

I don't have DSII in front of me to look up the real numbers, but I
can't imagine the bonus from being small to be more than 10-20%.

So how about
class 1 +15-25%
class 2 +~10%
class 3 0
class 4 = ~10%
class 5 -~20%

Should only really matter on fairly fast things anyway.  I thought
most MBT's these days had similar top speeds, even though their weight
varied a lot.  Also, smaller can be worse when you've got vegetation
to run through.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: I wanna scenario