Prev: Re: Allan Goodall's House Rules Next: [DS2]-Command/Communications?

Re: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 21:19:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation

Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

> A bit of discussion going on here on how to represent 3d.  There have
some
> suggestions of placing ships inside plastic spheres, like those found
at craft
> stores.  I'd just like to add that our group has done this in the
past, namely
> for WWI air combat.  I just thought I'd share a few thoughts.  While
this first
> seems to be an attractive solution it does present a number of
problems.
> Has anyone else had other successes or failures in this area?

	Well, there are those weird "Lunar Dragon" ships.
	Telescoping rod, tipped with a short multi-jointed segment
	with the ship mini mounted on the end.	You bend the jointed
	segment to change the heading and orientation of the ship.

	I haven't actually played it, but it doesn't seem to work
	very well.  It's out of print, too.

Prev: Re: Allan Goodall's House Rules Next: [DS2]-Command/Communications?