Prev: RE: Stealth in SG2 - how to implement it? Next: Re: GMS at Infantry

Re: GMS at Infantry

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:48:34 -0500
Subject: Re: GMS at Infantry

"Tom.McCarthy" wrote:

> I can't fault Thomas's interpretation of the rules, but I must say
that when
> GMS fires at infantry (particularly those with low to medium armour)
> casualties rack up.
>
> For example, if you need to move across an open field in SG2, you're
usually
> safe if you are outside 50 inches.  Only elites can target you, and
you get
> a good defensive die.  But if a regular with a GMS fires at you, it's
not
> unusual for him to roll 8, 9, 10, or even 11 for his attack dice and
you to
> roll D6 in defence (generously provided by Thomas), and so take 1 or 2
> impacts (D8 vs D6, perhaps) and suppression.

If you are going to fire a GMS at infantry at range then they should be
allowed
to roll the range die/terrain. And the range bands should be per quality
die to
represent the difficulty of hitting man sized targets with a point
weapon.

Los

Prev: RE: Stealth in SG2 - how to implement it? Next: Re: GMS at Infantry