Prev: RE: Stargrunt II FAQ Next: Re: Stargrunt II FAQ

RE: Stargrunt II FAQ

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:28:25 +1000
Subject: RE: Stargrunt II FAQ

Yeah, this is one of those ones we've chewed around. As with all our
worrisome ones we finally put it to rest with rationlisation :-)

The GMS is, of course, primarily an Anti Vehicle weapon. Hence it would
normally be employed against Vehicles! But as with any weapon it CAN be
employed in any way the imaginative human operator can come up with! A
GMS
CAN be fired at a squad of infantry but surely you wouldn't waste one of
your three shots if there are enemy vehicles around which best deserve
your
missile? Or consider a target that is patently outside your small arms
range
but you really need to hit NOW! Maybe to slow them down for another
squad to
pull clear? Or maybe the enemy infantry are in a building/hardened
bunker?

In some cases it is REASONABLE to fire teh GMS this way....so we do?
Just
that, stop and ask yourself the simple question "Why would I do this?"
If
you can honestly say that if you were 25mm tall and on the table there
that
you would, then fine!

My apologies if this sort of encourages teh GMS discussion
AGAIN.......ad
nauseum

Cheers,

Owen