Prev: Re: Top 10 Reasons Mardi Gras is Better Than GZG-ECC III Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

GZG ECC III - My limited perspective

From: "Tom.McCarthy" <Tom.McCarthy@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:57:15 -0500
Subject: GZG ECC III - My limited perspective

Looked like another fine year to me.

Friday night I was busy running FMA - Dark Agendas with Dean Maki's
help.
Boba Frock, the unlucky David Raynes, Kr'rt Wasserman, and Aaron Teske
all
played various extraterrestrial factions out to eliminate, abuse or eat
the
humans wandering in the woods that night.  Many funny scenes ensued,
including a hiker named Weezie knocking down and wounding a slavering
alien,
Lara Croft's t-shirt deflecting repeated attacks by a Xenomorph while a
bunch of university students crowded around (they thought they were
making a
movie), and grey aliens probing anything they could grab ("Oh, she's
worth
another probe").

Jon Tuffley had sent along some prizes (I think KR did, too), so I was
able
to give out models of Buffy, Lara, Seven of Nine, Linda Hamilton ala T2,
and
Felicity Shagwell.

Saturday morning Brian Bell's Maternal Instincts pitted JP Fiset, Jim
Bell,
Lester Bell and myself against Aaron Newman and uh, Mike Richhie ?.  We
4
were the humans and we started to get smacked around at very long range
by
the Brian's Sa'vasku, but in the final hour we started to get our licks
in
and the Sa'vasku wilted away.

Saturday afternoon JP, Dean and I played some Fleet Book 2 stuff
(playtest
material, really) with NAC vs. Kra'vak vs. Sa'vasku, then Bren joined us
for
an abbreviated KV / SV/ FSE/ Phalon game.

Saturday night was Aaron Teske's Terror Mission.  Another FMA game,
Aaron
and I had similarities and differences in our rules and the scenario
allowed
the aliens to kill almost every civilian very early, but still there
were
some humourous moments.  This one pitted the sectoids (Jim Bell and Mike
Muller) against X-Com (Ryan Pelkey and myself).

Sunday morning was Jim bell's Gothic Thrust scenario where Jon Davis and
put the mighty Imperial beatdown on Rich Oden and Pat Muller.  Nasty
nova
cannon hits and serious fighter furballs.

In the unofficial stuff, we played Mike Sarno's Carabunde and Nuclear
War
Friday night and then some Guillotine and Trailer Park Gods on Saturday.
chatted with Jon, Indy, briefly with Mike Sarno and Brian Bell, and met
lot of new people like Bren and Ryan Pelkey, David Raynes, and more.

Most of us voted in the painting contest which, as usual, had at least 4
top
flight entries for FT and SG and 2 or 3 great entries for DS2.	Jim
entered
his entire UNSC fleet and Aaron Newman had impressive Vorlons.	I missed
Eric Kochte's impressive Narns, I think, but saw his power armoured
troopers, Thomas Pope's great SG2 mini-diorama and Nick Caldwell's sharp
DS2
force.

I also saw some of "Grey Day".	I think Los and Barclay traveled to the
con
and did nothing but prep and run that one game.  They had a sharp and
detailed board in a long triangular shape which peaked in a long high
stepped ravine.  The Kra'vak assaulted at the broad end and fought
toward to
peak of the ravine, but couldn't get there before the con ended.

Prev: Re: Top 10 Reasons Mardi Gras is Better Than GZG-ECC III Next: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.