Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Questions, Jon? Next: RE: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 20:14:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

>	Hull detail:  From the pictures in the new HH novel, there
thankfully
>doesn't seem to be that much hull detail on the ships.  I do need some
>ideas on how to score on the few hull panels I did notice and the gun
>ports.

.01" Plastic (from Evergreen, Plastruct or some other supplier) cames in
variety of widths, and makes excellent hullplating.

>	Impeller nodes:  This is the one that has me scratching my head.
>originally thought of using erasers.  However I quickly dismissed it
on
>the grounds that it didn't seem all that sturdy.  That, and they tend
>come in only one size.  Any suggestions?

You could start with brass rod and use very small beads I suppose. I
haven't seen the pictures out of the new book, so I'm guessing.

Schoon

Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Questions, Jon? Next: RE: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]