Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:33:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

<yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> wrote:
>
> >It's still berzerking (esp. for PA) but the Cmd officer types are
putting
> >a lot of effort into making this one unit thunder onward. Six is also
only
> >theoretical - bad die rolls on Comm checks happen, and ECM is always
> >entertaining. (In a game big enough to have CoyCmd on-table, I'd
expect at
> >least a couple of ECM techs somewhere...)
>
> It also assumes that the enemy is letting this happen. A suppression
result or
> two can slow up this squad. This, in fact, is a good reason to allow
the split
> fire of squads for suppression purposes. (There was another thread
recently
> where allowing a squad to split its fire -- so that half the squad
fired at a
> unit then the other half of the squad fired at the same unit -- was
considered
> "cheesy". This tactic decreases the likelihood of casualties but
increases the
> likelihood of suppression.) The only way to slow down this fast
moving,
> berzerk squad is to put lots of suppression on it.

    Even a broken clock is correct twice a day!  We agree on something!
<g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton