Prev: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q) Next: Re: Was: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? BUT is actually more about the nature of Time

Re: SG2 newbie Q

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:58:18 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 newbie Q

<oglover@museum.vic.gov.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Alan says it is implied but I think it is pretty well expressly
stated. It
> >is that "Both must be resolved at the same time" bit that cinches
each.

> It's not explicit... but it was that "both must be resolved at the
same time"
> part that put me over the edge, too.

    The one sentence paragraph reads:
"Note that the superior only has to use ONE of his actions in order to
give the
subordinate a full 2-action activation, and thus may attempt to
communicate with
and activate TWO subordinate units in the one turn if he wishes (though
both must
be resolved at the same time)."

    It is unclear if the "resolved at the same time" applies to a single
unit,
since the sentence specifically mentions TWO units.  It is also unclear
if the
"both" that must be "resolved at the same time" refers to the
communication rolls
or the actual activations.  If it refers to the activations, it could be
interpreted to mean that the two seperate activations are completed
before any
other actions occur, ie before the opponent gets to activate.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton