Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm

Re: [SG] at 15mm

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:03:08 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] at 15mm

At 01:38 PM 2/22/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>Thought I'd give SG a shot at 15mm, I'm thinking that the simple
conversion
>would be from inches to centimeters.
>I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to terrain,
specifically
>buildings.  Are there any manufactures which make them, any tips
>for scratch building them?  Finally, I figure 25mm equates roughly to
1/72nd
>modeler's scale.  What would be the equivalent for 15mm,
>1/144th?  In exchange for any info I offer the following ;) a new
release of
>sci-fi 15mm announced, see . . .
>
>http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=829736

Actually, modern 25mm is closer to 1/62 or 1/64 than it is to 1/72.  The
model railroading HO scale is 1/87, and that roughly equates to 18mm
right
now.

Here's the current standard ref page for scale conversions:

    http://www.theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
 email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
 StarFighter Command Homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm Next: Re: [SG] at 15mm