Prev: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs? Next: RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

RE: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:27:55 -0500
Subject: RE: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

I would suggest that part of the gear issued/worn would depend on the
circumstance.

Body Armor: Would only be worn if combat is expected. But this would
probably be part of standard issued combat uniforms.

NBC Gear: If going into an exposed area or against a enemy that is know
use (or suspected to use) NBC agents, NBC gear would be worn. It is also
possibility that Light Power Armor would be issued instead of NBC suits
in
this situation. Otherwise, it would be packed/stowed (along with
decontamination agents).

Harsh Climate Clothing: Again, if harsh environmental conditions exitst
(or
ar likely), everyone would be issued this gear. Again, if REALY harsh,
Light
PA may be issued.

Vac Suits: I immagine that the standard issued is now really Light Power
Armor. Vac Suits are as bulky and restrictive as PA, so there is little
benefit in choosing them over PA (cost?). Only Emergency Suits would not
be
PA.

>From my comments, you will probably guess that I think that PA will be
more