Prev: Submunition Mines Next: RE: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:05:19 -0500
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> Well, I think pretty much our group play the "if the figure has one
> then he can use it!" approach. Let's see, the FSE, PAU do have figures
> equipped but NAC and ESU don't....the argument for weight not being an
> issue is probably correct; I think it will come down to a military's
> operational approach/philosophy. I would expect at least a pistol to
> be carried or a close defence weapon of some sort but not necessarily
> a standard AR.

    I'd have to agree.	I don't think the limiting factor will be
weight, but rather cost.  You could equip a grunt with both GMS/P and
AR, but I'd imagine that different armies would have different
approaches.  Either way would be valid.
    Personally, I'd have the GMS/P systems assigned to weapons squad
within the normal rifle platoon.  Each platoon would have one GMS/P and
the rest of the weapons squad would carry additional magazines to feed
the GMS/P, just like they'd be carrying extra ammo for their machine
guns.  In that case, the GMS/P operator (missileer?) would be armed only
with the GMS/P and a heavy autopistol.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Submunition Mines Next: RE: NBC Gear, Harsh Climate Gear, Vacc Suits, Etc