Prev: Re: (OTish) Starxhip Combat News Next: Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm?

Re: my web page of SSDs

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:36:44 -0700
Subject: Re: my web page of SSDs

>I went ahead and did 2-4 SSDs per web page.  It also makes it easier to
>print out so they don't spill over to the right.  It isn't finished,
yet, I
>still have
>to add some SSDs under the Miscellaneous section. which will probably
>have more of the weird designs (which I'm going to do next so you may
>see stuff there anyway by the time you read this).
>
>I've noticed that the conversion from .bmp files to .jpg files gets a
little
>blurry.  I'm using MSPaint (its free and was on my PC, works good for
>.bmp files).  What are better, preferably free, .jpg editors/conversion
>software?
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/gbailey/GBMain.html

Simple bitmap graphics like your SSDs will compress as well or better
as GIF files, and they won't get blurry. You only need jpegs for photos
and other continuous-tone bitmaps. Try saving one of your original
.bmp files as a .gif, and see how it compares; I would expect something
around 10x-15x or better compression for your SSDs.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com, samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: (OTish) Starxhip Combat News Next: Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm?