Prev: Re: Homeworld Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?

Re: Canada 2183

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:54:11 PST
Subject: Re: Canada 2183

Wow, I never realized what a Pandora's Box I'd open. Perhaps I've even
cause
a bit of digression from the game itself.

First off, let me say, I realize a lot of what I have happen in my
timeline
is highly unlikely. However, if we go with the "Infinite Worlds,
Infinite
Possibilities" arguement, it does happen this way somewhere.

I just thought it would be interesting to see a world with a lot of
powers,
no superpowers.  Canada and the US HAVE both completely collapsed in my
world (For reasons stemming both from current issues AND from fictional
issues to arise within the next 100 years or so).  My timeline also
drags
it's feet a bit, the whole process of geopolitical shifting and of
technological advances and space travel take a bit longer than in the
Tuffleyverse. And I do believe I already mentioned a
BC/Washington/Oregon
union. I once read a National Geographic article on the US/Canadian
border,
and when they got out west, the writer was surprised to find that the
cultural differences were greater between western and eastern states or
provinces than between the US and Canada. As one Montanan put it, the
Rocky
Mountains are a bigger divider than the Canadian border is.

As for Canada eventually taking over the US, hell, if you're stupid
enough
to WANT it, knock yourselves out. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be an

American, I love living here, but if you take us over, you gotta RUN us,
and
that's a headache I wouldn't wish on anyone (Except maybe an old
girlfriend
or two).

Brian B

Prev: Re: Homeworld Next: Re: Where's the Cheese?