Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: Alternate history

RE: [FT PBeM] question

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:23:40 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT PBeM] question

Seems complicated for a PBeM game.

This would mean that you have 4 reports per turn.
  1. After Fighter and Ship movement.
  2. After Intercepts and non-intercepted 2nd movement.
  3. After Interception by fighters that did not move.
  4. Damage Report.

Step 3 still leaves you with the "what if the target
I am trying to intercept moves out of range" problem.

I would suggest 4 types of movement for fighters:
  1. Screen Ship (moves with ship) must be within 6tu.
  2. Shadow Ship (moves with ship) must be within 6tu.
  3. Move to X,Y coordinates (or move Xtu on course Y).
  4. Intercept target. If using initiative, the
       fighters must win initiative to intercept.
       If the target wins initiative, and moves out
       of range, it is safe. The fighters end their
       movement at max movement on a course that is
       on a direct line from the fighter's starting
       point and ends at the target's ending point.
       Intercepting fighters may declare if they
       are willing to spend endurance to reach the
       target when orders are written.
All movement orders would be written at the same time
ship movement is written.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net