Prev: test Next: Alternate history

Re: Georgia in winter

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:05:27 +1000
Subject: Re: Georgia in winter

(kaladorn@home.com)

> It doesn't hit 107, 99-100 is about tops other than that odd week or
> two in the summer.  However, when it hits 99 and has 95% humidity
> life can be miserable without AC.  Of course, then you just go to the
> beach.

Well, we've had a really, really mild summer. The coldest in recorded
history in fact. Hardly a day above 30 (C - let's see, multiply by 9/5,
add 32) in Canberra. And we had a mild winter, not a trace of snow.

Now 2 years ago, Ivanhoe (not so very far from here) hit 50. That's hot.
But usually Canberra doesn't see 40C in a year, and never above 45.

Which brings me to....

Considering the range of temperatures here on Earth, plus natural
hazards such as Tornados etc. what effect would extremes of weather have
in SG/DS? The plastic thermometer I left in my car was melted one day,
with the needle at 70C. And I've had quite a few models damaged by heat,
just leaving them in the car for 1/2 hour.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: test Next: Alternate history