Prev: Re: DSII Cavalry Next: Re: Strike Boats...

Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:42:48 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes

Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> One the ex-army guys I know told me about a night exercise once where
they
> mounted 2 x 50 cal machine guns onto a bike & loaded it with tracer.
> Apparently it looked very impressive as the rider swerved & negotiated
the
> terrain, so it can be done.

     Are you certain that he said 'two fifty-cal' and not '2 5.0 gal'
cans
of frosty. (Fosters)

:-)

Two Fifty cal HBMG weigh 192+ pounds and two cans of 50 cal linked ammo
(100 rds ea.) weigh 60.5 lbs.  This plus mountings and rider would  put
the load at around 500 pounds on a bike.   Not very likely. (But we are
talking about residents of Oz) :-)  )

Two .30 SAW with belts I can believe!
That the comment was made after some frosties, I believe!

:-)

Bye for now,
John L.

Word for the day!   Never impune an australian, he might shoot it back!

Prev: Re: DSII Cavalry Next: Re: Strike Boats...