Prev: RE: Great Quote Next: RE: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

Re: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:44:06 EST
Subject: Re: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...

In a message dated 2/15/00 4:33:54 PM Central Standard Time,
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca writes:

<<
 I guess that in the end, the whole point of what I was saying was to
 question the assumption we (well, some of "we") have that technology is
on
 a constantly developing/improving upward slope, and that by necessity
 everything that exists a couple hundred years from now will be so
 that it is nearly unrecognizable to us today.	That may be the case.
Given
 the rate of change of technology we're seeing now, and over the past 50
 years, it is easy to see that as a realistic probability. >>

MAN is the ultimate robot - he can hold a rifle, drive a tank, repair a
grav-drive - monitor a computer intelligence hadndling things at a rate
he
cannot hope to match - BUJT if you take man out of the loop - it;s
certainly
going to be NO fun as a war game.

Prev: RE: Great Quote Next: RE: Was re: RFACS but diverging into philosophic ramblings about future tech...