Prev: RFACs - the bruhaha continues Next: RE: RFACS

Re: Strike Boats...

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:52:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Strike Boats...

>...the tug + sublight strikeboat option will give you fewer strikeboats
>and weaker supporting warships than the non-tug warship + FTL
>strikeboat option does. As you pointed out earlier, strikeboats need
>numbers to be effective.

Huh? My comment was about trying to make the smallest possible package,
not
necessarily the most cost efficient.

>Which would you prefer: 41 FTL strikeboats and 2 battleships with 40
>hull boxes each, or 36 sublight strikeboats and 2 "battleships" with 36
>hull boxes each? All strikeboats have the same hull, armour, thrust
>rating and armament regardless of the option you choose; the
>battleships have the same armour, thrust and armament but not the same
>hull.

I'm afraid that I don't always design with the mini-maxing in mind. I
don't
disagree that 10% is less than 20% when calculating FTL costs. From a
purely tactical designperspective, you are correct.

However, a non-FTL capable SB can serve the purpose of both SDB and
attack
if you throw a couple tenders into your fleet mix. One design fills both
purposes: the procurement officers love that one.

Schoon

Prev: RFACs - the bruhaha continues Next: RE: RFACS