Prev: Re: RFACs - Adrian's Idea Next: Re: FT: Very new to this

Re: Very new to this

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:57:30 +0100
Subject: Re: Very new to this

Eric Finney skrev:

> My name is Eric Finney and I live in Uppsala, Sweden.
> I just got (about ten minutes ago) FT2 and a starter fleet, 6x2 ships
> for NSL/FSE.

Välkommen hit!

> All fine and good, BUT on the paper with "new stuff Jan 2000"
> it says More Thrust is out of print. So my question is, do I need MT?

Not to begin with, no. There are a bunch of snazzy new weapons, fighter
types and rules in it, but they're all optional. The most important one
- the revised fighter mechanics (but not the differentiated fighter
types) - has been re-made in Fleet Book 1 (FB1) anyway, and the Aliens
are undergoing complete revisions and will soon be published in Fleet
Book 2.

>And what about the Fleet Book? It sounds good to have all the ships
>data...

You want Fleet Book 1, but not so much for the ship designs themselves
as for the ship design rules (and some updated other rules as well).
The FT2 ship design rules have some major flaws, so FB1 replaces them
with a completely new set which works a lot better. Still not perfect
of course, but the flaws we've found so far range from very minor to
minor (and I believe the least minor one will be adjusted in FB2).

The ship designs in FB1 are nice, but hardly necessary - it's not as if
they are "official" and someone will have pointed comments or disallow
you from playing if you use other stats for them <g>

I fully endorse Alan's recommended order of buying Full Thrust stuff
:-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: RFACs - Adrian's Idea Next: Re: FT: Very new to this