Prev: FSU Page and more--reply to corrections Next: RE: [FT] Repair hull?

RE: Strikeboat Mass

From: "Sutherland" <nma@k...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:31:26 +0900
Subject: RE: Strikeboat Mass

It seems that the real difficulty in designing a strike boat is that
they
must achieve short range to be effective.  Granted it would no longer be
considered a strikeboat but what about a class 4 beam weapon on a 30
mass
hull?

30 mass
thrust 6
fragile hull
4 armor
1 class 4 beam
2 fire control
1 PDS
cost is around 100 points or so.

A squadron of these could hang at extreme range and plink away for quite
while.	The 4 armor protects it from reprisal plinking.  And anything
fast
enough to catch it is going to have a hard time dealing with the class 4
beam.  I somehow doubt that this is anywhere near efficient points wise
but
would throw a wrench into the fray every now and then to spice things
up.
Good for getting rid of those pesky Banzai Jammers also.
And yes you cold drop a FC and PDS to squeeze an extra arc for the class
4
and point it out the side to be really nasty, but then it would be
unbalanced.  "Above else you must be symetrical!"  I like building
fleets
with a nice strong theme to them, efficiency be damned.

						That Chuk Guy