Prev: FT: speaking of space stations Next: RE: Re: More HBW stuff.

Re: my web page of SSDs

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:11:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: my web page of SSDs

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:54:39 +0000 Tony Francis <tony@glassghost.com>
wrote:

> Paintshop Pro is a shareware graphics editor which you can get all
over the net or on coverdisks. It's very good at converting between
various graphics file formats. I don't know if later versions have the
option to specify the quality of a JPEG image which then allows you to
choose the tradeoff between image quality (level of 'blurriness') and
file size. In the UK, older or 'Lite' versions have been given away
recently on magazine disks. <

Watch out, though; PSP 6.0 includes a nasty little time-out which
prevents you from using it after 60 days have passed since it was
installed -- they want you to buy the software. It seemes to be
doubly sneaky in that, when I deleted and re-installed it, I _still_
got the time-out when starting the new copy...

Phil
(Dr) P.A. Atcliffe
Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Engineering
University of the West of England, Bristol
Phone: +44 (0)117 344 2496
Fax:   +44 (0)117 344 2683
Email: Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk

Prev: FT: speaking of space stations Next: RE: Re: More HBW stuff.