Prev: RE: Translation Help (English-French) Next: Re: my web page of SSDs

FT: speaking of space stations

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:58:25 EST
Subject: FT: speaking of space stations

So how does a non-moving station avoid massive missile fire?
Or the Nova Cannon-armed ship sitting at maximum range (71")
(if NCs are allowed)?

I see some options against missiles:
1) lots of PDS, but it will be never be enough.
2) as 1 + squadrons of Interceptors.  How many in relation
to the size of the station?
3) there's minefields.. but that's messy and I prefer not to
use those.
4) supporting ships, but missile ships will have their escorts, also.

Against NC-armed ship(s):
1) big beam weapons, needing to be be class 6.	But the 1-3
potential points of damage per beam (not counting the rare multiple
rerolls) is no match for 2D6 unless you have lots of them and then
there will be lots of NC shots coming the station's way.
2) fighter squadrons based at the station
2) supporting ships, but NC-armed ships may have escorts.

Glen

Prev: RE: Translation Help (English-French) Next: Re: my web page of SSDs