Prev: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 9:51:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Graeme wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 02/10/00 06:30AM >>>
>I don't like PDS. I tend to find ECM plus reactive better.

I use PDS sparingly, but it does help improve your odds with the second
die.

>(PS. NEVER put PA in APC's it just makes the PA squad easier
>to kill.) The stealth on a vehicle that isn't going to
>fire much is pretty wasted. D10 + D8 (evasive move) is just
>as good.

I find stealth good on APCs since you usually need to bring them up
close in
order to put troops in an effective position.  Evasive movement is only
available on GEVs and Grav and I tend to build cheap battle taxis that
are
usually tracked.

>Falcon Main Battle Tank (377 pts)
>=======================================
>Size:3  Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
>Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
>ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
>FiCon:Superior
>Weapons: HEL/3, Full Turret
>	  GMS/H:S
>	  APSW
>Dump either the GMS/H or the HEL/3. You can only fire
>one of them each turn. So not realy worth it.

Depends on what you want to do.  With a HEL, about everything is in
range so
you can shoot more often and has a single to-hit roll for all ranges.
Most
players do not use ablative armor, so defenses are limited.  When an
enemy
comes in closer range go for the missile unless they have good missile
defenses.  I find having a weapon choice on the larger tanks to be very
useful.

>Nighthawk Assault Tank (323 pts)
>=======================================
>Size:3  Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
>Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
>ECM:Superior  PDS:none
>FiCon:Superior
>Weapons: (2x)HEL/3, Full Turret
>	  APSW
>>>>>>>
>I like this design. The double HEL/3 as opposed to HEL/4 is apples and
oranges
>One less chit. Twice as likely to hit.

Agree.

>Just remember, a Grav army is MOBILE. Get where your opponent does not
>want you to be, always. :-)

Speed is life and the ability to get around in grav can help you get in
as
quickly as get out!

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG