Prev: Re: remove me Next: RE: FT: Strikeboat design

Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:44:26 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:24:02 -0000 Robin Paul <Robin.Paul@tesco.net>
wrote:

> I'm currently expanding my fleets a bit, and today I got from
Irregular an order which contains 2 ships from the telly: DYC8,
"Confederation Dreadnought/Supercarrier Guardian Class Enforcer" is the
Battlestar Galactica, about 75mm long, and £2.40, while for those of us
raised on Gerry Anderson, DYO16 "UNSC Backdraft Patrol Cruiser" is
Fireball XL-5, 41mm long and £1.00. <

No arguments about the not-XL-5, but how close is the Confederation
ship to the Galactica? I have an Irregular ship that is very similar to
the BG in general configuration, but quite different in detail --
much skinnier landing bay pylons (and only 2 of them), "gun turrets" on
either side of the nose, etc. If this is the same ship, then it always
struck me as being more like an earlier generation of Battlestar --
slightly smaller and with older technology. But it would make a good
escort/support ship for a Galactica-type Battlestar; now, if only the
Comet mini was bigger...

Phil, wondering if there is a nice manufacturer out there who'd do,
say, a 100mm long not-Galactica... <g>
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
   -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe
				(Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: remove me Next: RE: FT: Strikeboat design