Prev: Re: HBW. My input + Next: Re: FT: HETs

Re: Far Stars Union Pages and a little more

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:15:41 +0100
Subject: Re: Far Stars Union Pages and a little more

A llooonnngggg time ago - OK, several days and a few hundred emails, at
least - Rob Hofrich announced an update of the FSU web page. I've only
had time to look at the ship designs, but here goes:

Dutch:
De Ruyter - uses 1 Mass too many; should be TMF 88, NPV 297 (or drop 1
PDS, or something)

FSE:
Arma-class FF: OK. Identical to Star Ranger's FSE Ianesco-class FF,
BTW.
Garibaldi-class DN: Well... A nice design, but FSE with level-2 screens
-
and on an "very elderly" ship, at that?
Epee: Very nice, very FSE-ish DD :-)

IC:
Dagger-class FF: 2 Mass unused (ship could be TMF 20, NPV 67, though
then it'd only have 6 hull boxes).
Flores Sea-class CL: An interesting design, though I'd replace one C1-6
battery with a second FC.
Singapore BC: Seems to use only 91 Mass, but even with one Mass unused
the NPV is 302 rather than 295.

RH:
Streltsy-class DD and Cossack-class DH: I've found weapon mixes like
this likely to need more than 1 FC, but apart from that the designs are
OK.
Tsar Aleksander-class BB: Design is OK, but cost is 455.

FSU:
Sierra-class FF: Design OK now, but costs 58
Magic-class CLE: Only uses 48 of its 50 Mass.
Adam Smith: Only uses 106 of its 107 Mass

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: HBW. My input + Next: Re: FT: HETs