Prev: What? No way... Next: Poll: HBs and Armour

Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 09:20:54 -0800
Subject: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

At 02:31 AM 2/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The way I understand it, that it is legal to "modify" U.S.
currency...So
>long as you don't then try to pass it as
>legal tender... (It ceases to be currency the moment you modify it.  I
>seen this on one of those "penny manglers" in an amusement park.
Turned
>out some nice souvenir copper ovals with the park name on em.)
>
>So base away dude!  :-)

I use coins as bases for lots of miniatures, either by themselves, or
glued
onto a palstic base to add atability. If the gubmint asks, I'll just say

I'[m stashing a few...

I also did a few of my Old Glory 15mm ACW casualty figures on coins,
with a
dab of red ink, as an art project. Worked pretty well, and that's
waaaaaaaaay within my First Ammendment rights to use.

go for it