Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

What? No way...

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:21:06 -0500
Subject: What? No way...

Just as a side note we are currently in the process of converting two
tank/mech brigades into wheeled armor mobile brigades.	One is standing
up this quarter. 3/2ID out of Ft Lewis. They traded in their M1Abrahms
for 46 LAV IIIs on loan from the Canadian Army.  The new brigades are
being termed Initial brigades duwe to where they are slotted in any
intervention.

** We have tanks to loan someone else? (Well, a wheeled armoured vehicle
isn't a tank, but for us Canucks it sure seems like the closest thing
we've
seen in a while). THAT surprises me. Though we have made good use of 6x6
Grizzlys, Bisons and other similar vehicles (a LAV like product) from
times
ancient... and 8x8 is the new choice de jour. They are pretty good for
the
kind of work a lot of our military forces do.

** I'll be interested to see what light AFV the US finally picks. I
wouldn't
be surprised if it is a MOWAG Pirahna derived chassis like the LAV
though
the competition I don't doubt is stiff. The French have been using
various
wheeled products as have the Russians for a long time now.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you