Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

Re: IC, Dutch

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:37:15 EST
Subject: Re: IC, Dutch

In a message dated 2/5/00 10:52:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aebrain@dynamite.com.au writes:

> What this means is that there's a bit of a "Love/Hate" relationship.
The
>  Dutch feel a national guilt complex for colonising the joint. The
>  Indonesians, while celebrating their independence from Holland and
all
>  things Dutch, often come to rely on Dutch methods or Dutch Companies
>  (Shell in particular) in difficult times.

Thaks for the info--I dind't realize that the Indonesians and Dutch had
that
kind of relationship.  Hmmm.  I'll have to think up of a few interesting

scenarios for them them...

Rob

Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"