Prev: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: IC, Dutch

Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:15:40 EST
Subject: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

apter@prodigy.net
writes:

<< I think you will find that in the Gulf War Tank to tank kills were
not were
 most tank losses came from. >>

They were mostly lost to aircraft and helicopters -however such weapons
are
part of combined arms doctrine and neither tank, infantry nor gunship
can
survive the modern battlefield without balanced support. In the US army
significant number of our losses were to "friendly' fire. When push came
shove the Iraquis "balanced" forces were on the losing end of the
exchange
due to superior doctrine and superior weapons, however that does not
mean the
tank is now, nor ever has been, invlunerable.

Prev: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: IC, Dutch