Prev: Re: Binary Propellant Guns Next: RE: Tanks

Copyright infringement?

From: "Paul Radford" <paulradford@i...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:18:52 -0000
Subject: Copyright infringement?

Paul Grogan <pg70201@glaxowellcome.co.uk> scribed:
>Subject: [FT] : Ship Record Sheets

>I've been scanning in the SSD's from the fleet book, carefully cropping
>them and then importing the picture into an Excel spreadsheet.  If
anyone
>wants a copy of the first one (NAC basic ships), let me know and I'll
mail
>it to you.

>If I had a web site, I'd post them there.  If anyone else has a web
site
>and wants to put these on there, feel free, as long as you credit me.

Hello Paul,

I'm sure you will find scanning images from the fleet book and
distributing
them is an infringment of Jon's copyright on Fleet Book 1. On the first
page
of the book, it says that the images may be copied for personal use
only.
I'm certainly not a legal expert, but isn't distribution of this type,
copyright infringment? If its not then good luck with your project.

Cheers,

Paul
"Oh my god! They've summoned Cthulhu! You bastards!

Web Pages:
http://www.innotts.co.uk/~paulradford/

Prev: Re: Binary Propellant Guns Next: RE: Tanks