Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt + Poll

Re: Tanks

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:20:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Tanks

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

> He loads the weapon, learns the family business, mounts his SAW on his
turret
> ring and acts as one more set of eyes out of the dark room, helps
maintain
> the vehicle and adds to the commanders "combat awareness",
occasionally mans
> an outpost, takes his turn at guard duty, helps maintain the vehicle,
knows
> exactly how many rounds of what he has on hand right now - watches
gauges,
> can switch radio frequency and listen in on different bandwidths, and
helps
> remind the other crew men that they have one more guy to watch their
back.
> All in all and considering that he is so much smaller, lighter and
easier to
> maintain than an auto loader would put him right up there on the list
above
> an auto loader for me

This is what I've been driving at. There are so many things to do in RL
when fighting your tank that reducing the crew to three will reduce
combat effectiveness drastically.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-  No more limits on the 2nd amendment. Enforce the extant laws  -

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt + Poll