Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams Next: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

Re: [FT] : No plotted movement

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:21:45 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] : No plotted movement

There are a number of things you can do to make plotted movement easier.

Working on the movement log can do wonders: I like peg boards, like for
cribbage, for increasing velocity, though I've only dabbled with this
one.
A sliding scale marker might also work. Even varying how you put the
columns together on a standard ship display can help.

Also, as folks have trouble keeping right/left-starboard/port straight
when the ship is moving in a direction OTHER than directly away, I've
taken to adding paint dot 'lights' on the wings of my Battlestar
Galactica
ships to make the visualization of writing directional orders quicker.

Helps enough that I'll get around to putting them on my GZG ships
someday.
*notice NO one that knows me is holding breath*

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams Next: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question