Prev: [OFFICIAL] poll - 15mm figures..... Next: Tanks vs. APCs

EFSB: Heavy Beams

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:10:12 -0800
Subject: EFSB: Heavy Beams

Hi All,

For those who don't have access to the EFSB, I thought I'd just give a
quick summary of the Heavy Beam rules (which are being brandied about as
the potential primary weapon of the keen looking Jericho Class BC)

Heavy Beams consist of two (or more) systems on the SSD: the Beam Power
System (BPS) and at least one Projector.

The BPS is a combination generator / capacitor, which can store a number
of
Energy Points (EP) up to its class rating. It can discharge any number
of
EPs through any given Projector. It recharges at the beginning of each
turn, rolling one die:
1-2	2 EPs generated
3-4	3 EPs generated
5-6	4 EPs generated
[NOTE: I would prefer to see this using regular FT dice in some relation
the Class of the BPS. This way larger BPSs would generate more EPs than
smaller ones. My suggestion would be to roll 1 FT die for each "class"]
When a BPS fails a threshold check, roll one die:
1-2	Loose all stored EPs
3-5	Loose all stored EPs and halve class rating (second results in
destruction)
6	BPS destroyed (any stored EPs are scored as additional damage!)

For every EP used in a Projector, roll one die. Subtract one from the
roll
for each full 6" or range. This is the amount of damage done to the
target.

Now... suggestions for MASS and POINT COST?

Schoon

Prev: [OFFICIAL] poll - 15mm figures..... Next: Tanks vs. APCs