Prev: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns] Next: EFSB: Heavy Beams

[OFFICIAL] poll - 15mm figures.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:05:12 +0000
Subject: [OFFICIAL] poll - 15mm figures.....

Hi all,

Re: all the recent discussions about 15mm figs for SGII, I'd like to get
reactions to a few questions; prompted by the loud requests for 15mms
over
the last few days, I will admit that I am CONSIDERING it (no promises
yet!)
- if it happens, I'd probably completely retire the old 15mm packs and
get
our sculptor to start doing some completely new 15mm versions of the
more
popular SGII forces (the old NAC and ESU packs in 15mm are good figures,
but to my taste are a little thin and delicate - which makes them
difficult
to cast without breakages at ankles etc. - and our current sculptor's
style
is rather different from the original ones).
The idea would likely be a squad pack for each force, made up from an
8-figure assortment of maybe 4 or 5 different figures. We might do a few
vehicles at SOME point, either in resin or metal, though we would be
UNLIKELY to make these 15mm versions of the 25mm designs (though there
might be the odd exception).

What I'd like reactions on are the following questions, from as many
list
members as possible - please send your replies to <15mm.poll@gzg.com>,
NOT
to the list - I don't want to clog up the list traffic with this....

CHECK YOUR "TO" FIELD NOW - DON'T JUST HIT "REPLY"...!!!

Questions:
1) Do you currently use 15mm figures for SF games?
2) Do you currently use 25 (or 28) mm figures (ours or others) for SF
games?
3) If you use 25s, would the availability of 15mms from GZG make you a)
collectboth scales, b) stick to 25s, or c) switch to using 15mm?
4) Would our release of 15mm figures tempt you to start playing SGII if
you
don't currently?

I must repeat, this is all hypothetical at this point - it may or may
not
happen, irrespective of the results of this little straw poll; however
this
may help point the way to whether the idea would be commercially
viable....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns] Next: EFSB: Heavy Beams