Prev: RE: A question of scale (was - [SG] On a different note) Next: Re: Here! Here!

Re: Round II: Rifles

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:18:22 -0800
Subject: Re: Round II: Rifles

>The SEALS and SAS in Desert Storm were armed with M14's and FALS, not
>M16's and SA80s.

Guess you didn't read Andy (SAS) McNab's "Bravo Two Zero" the
account of an SAS team behind the lines.  They used M16/M203's
and FN Minimi SAWs (4 of each for the 8 guys).	Andy was hard
on the SA80 (no ready for prime time) and didn't even mention
the FAL ...

Can't talk about my own country's guys, but I'm betting they
stuck with their M4's (shorty M16s) ...

-Ted

      ted@naxera.com	    |  Visit the LA Palm User Group Home Page
 http://www.naxera.com/ted  |	    http://www.naxera.com/lapug

Prev: RE: A question of scale (was - [SG] On a different note) Next: Re: Here! Here!