Prev: Re: Here! Here! Next: RE: Leader Replacement

Re: Copyrights

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:52:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Copyrights

Normally I would remain on the sidelines watching the copyright
activities, but I have a question of my own...

Now...I like gaming magazines.	I like the feel of holding a real
printed magazine in my hands, (the Pyramid e-zine is interesting, but it
doesn't beat the feel of a real magazine to me) , the smell of the fresh
ink, the excitment of new articals, ect...But I am concerned about
wearing them out by constantly refering to a cool artical.

 Is it ok to copy said artical so I won't wear out my magazine?

I have been assuming that this fell under "fair use".  Is this so?

Donald Hosford

Laserlight wrote:

> From: Thomas.Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca>
>
> >** Err, Mark, if I did this myself its okay.....
>
> ....no, that's not what the man said....
>
> >.... what if I did it with a Robot? - that is it was personal
> use only, but
>
> That's where you're missing it.  "Personal use only" is legal
> only if you have obtained permission.
>
> Let's take another example, because I still can't believe that
> anyone would be willing (much less desiring) to put Beavis &
> Butthead on anything, especially a mini you've worked hard on
> and hope to show to other people.

Ditto.

<Funny -troweling- paragraph snipped.>