Prev: Re: Rifle types Next: Re: [DS] daleks (All Walkers)

Re: M113 APC?

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:34:17 -0500
Subject: Re: M113 APC?

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> Sounds about right; although I'd probably veer to Front Armour of
> Class1 as well. The M113 whilst being a worthy work-horse only
> provides limited protection against close ranged small arms fire.

    You're right.  I was looking over my stats again and can see that
there is no difference between the front and side/rear armor on the
M113.  I guess class 1 armor all around is the best answer.  Thanks for
pointing that out to me.

> On another note, one of the conveners at Cancon was talking about
> using modified SGII rules to do a big WWII demo game for 2001 simply
> because of the command and control and game flow! Good to see more
> support for the game from the historical gamers.

    I've been using SGII at home for Vietnam for a few months now.  SGII
is my favorite infantry combat system and I'm a Vietnam-era fanatic, so
the marriage had to occur sooner or later. <g>	If this scenario,
"Ambush at Nhi Vinh," pans out, I'll submit it for Historicon, as well.
BTW, at my GZG scenario discussion group's site
(http://www.egroups.com/group/gzg/info.html) you can find the
description for the scenario in the "vault."  I'll be upload some more
info there before the con.  After the scenario is retired, which might
not be until after GZG-ECC IV, I'll upload all the scenario specifics,
including the squad and vehicle data cards.
    Thanks again for your help.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"The world has no room for cowards.
 We must all be ready to toil, to suffer, to die.
 And yours is no less noble because no drum beats
 before you when you go out in your daily battlefields.
 And no crowds shout about your coming when you
 return from your daily victory or defeat."
 -Robert Louis Stevenson

Prev: Re: Rifle types Next: Re: [DS] daleks (All Walkers)