Prev: SGII Next: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?

Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:52:54 -0500
Subject: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

At 12:21 PM 1/25/00 -0600, you wrote:

>***
>With SGII, we kept having to stop play to look something up in the
>rulebook.  It just slowed things down too much for us to really enjoy
it.
>***
>
>Well, I can an accept that as part of the learning I mentioned before,
>but I actually have trouble getting my mind around the steps in playing
>either game, and where I have to look when I'm working out a procedure.

It didn't help that:
   I was the only one who owned a copy of the rules,
   We only played once every few months,
   And that the same people didn't play in every game.

But in all fairness, these same conditions applied to Full Thrust and to
ShockForce, too.  And we just didn't have the same problems with those
games.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: SGII Next: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?