Prev: Re: Sculpting Miniatures Next: Re: Sculpting Miniatures

Re: re; [SG2} Converting W40k players

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:47:11 -0800
Subject: Re: re; [SG2} Converting W40k players

At 10:31 AM 1/25/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>I am (It the only way I can fight minitures in Sydney). Owen Glover and
>discussed this at Cancon. The problem is that W40K is that players
expect an
>equal fight due to the point system, while in SGII this is almost
impossable
>unless both sides use exactly the same army. It is possable to use the
40k
point
>values and use the SGII system, and is possably the way to ween them
towards

Well, I don't think that I'll have too much trouble getting at least a
few
players to try out SG2 without a points system.  They *do* play other
systems, at least <g>.

>The morale system in SGII is far supieor to W40K, and I would advise it
to be
>used in place of the W40k rules.
>
>Color chits:
>
>Ld <= 5 : Green
>Ld <= 7 : Regular
>Ld <= 8 : Veteren
>Ld >= 9 : Elite
>
>Leadership Number: Random or set by the morale.
>
>Confidence Level : Set on the Scenerio or
>
>Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar	: Steady (With Elites Confident)
>All Others : Confident
>
>Darryl

Good suggestions - I'll put them into the Idea Hopper and let them
rattle
around a bit. :-)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
 email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
 StarFighter Command Homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: Re: Sculpting Miniatures Next: Re: Sculpting Miniatures