Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: [ds2, sg2] Weird Idea - Permasmoke

RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

From: "Sutherland" <nma@k...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 22:34:41 +0900
Subject: RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

> I'll see if I can get one of his designs.  I've created various
similar
> designs:
> (think of the WW2 BBs)
> Mass 184, Maneuver 1, FTL, weak hull, 20 armor;
> weapons: 8 C3s with 5 arcs, 4 at AP+FP+F+FS+AS, 4 at FP+AP+A+AS+FS
> (4 quad turrets, 2 forward and 2 aft); 2 C2s with 6 arcs
> (secondaries); 8 C1s;
> 2 pulse torpedoes, AP+FP, FS+AS (I don't know why he added these
> recently);
> 6 PDS, 1 ADFC (so if two "BBs" are present that's 12 PDS to deal
> with), 4 FCs.
> Cost: 658

It would appear that attack/torpedo fighters would be pretty decent even
with the 12 pds.  Say in a 1500 pt fleet you could get up to 10 groups.
Depending on which Star Trek you follow the StarFleetBattles Federation
used
fighters quite heavily in the later years.
	Anyway, even if he manages to wipe half of your fighters that is
still 30
dice of damage.  If they are torp fighters he is done.	And as for his
BBs
engaging your carriers...hehehe.
	I would just love to see his face as you spend 3 turns just
launching
fighters.

							That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: [ds2, sg2] Weird Idea - Permasmoke