Prev: Walkers, Gundams, and other assort mecha Next: Re: [OT] website design

Re: Beth's Poll

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:50:50 +1000
Subject: Re: Beth's Poll

G'day Tom,

As usual I've probably got the wrong end of a very pointy stick here,
but... if communists (and thus ESU) by extension don't have good armed
forces becuase they're poor, poorly trained, can't think for themselves
how
come the cold war lasted so long? Shouldn't they have got trounced damn
smart?

In my warped opinion I think the ESU ships maybe spartan and may not
have
the latest wizz-bang consoles of the FSE?UN?NAC etc etc, but I do think
that they'd have crews that were just as good (given they've been
through 3
solar wars). I just have this feeling that if the ESU was to survive
that
far then a) it wouldn't necessarily actually be very communist anymore
or
b) they'd figured out a better way to make it work, either way I just
figured you'd end up with something a bit more polished.

Based on the results of the poll (for all its grand sample size), the
difference in power staus obviously comes down to resource base not
level
of technology/training/integration etc as there was no clear distinction
in
ranking between the major/minor powers.

Better get back to my compile too.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Walkers, Gundams, and other assort mecha Next: Re: [OT] website design