Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #671 Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:14:37 EST
Subject: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

In a message dated 01/20/2000 5:25:05 PM Central Standard Time,
Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au writes:

> Another option which several players found out is even nastier in
vector
>  movement (sorry Dom, StrayCat) is to mount some cruisers with nova
cannon.
>  Aim where you think they're moving towards & start firing at 36 MU;
every
>  turn.  If you arrange your heading right, you don't need to manoeuvre
&
will
>  hit with 2-3 multiturn nova shots before you lose a ship.  Especially
if
you
>  play that they block LOS between ships.

Hehehe, I was not quite there yet for those novas, but they sure got my
attention!  I think it was Aron and Dom who got a taste of those!  It
was
Noam's sniper-artillery that was crunching me.	Man what a wallop!

BTW I had a lot of fun in my first vector match.  It is radically
different
from anything I have ever done before.	Many thanks to Brian for letting
greenie in on the action.  He deserves a round of applause as well for
all
the work he has put into it.  The Cygnus Proving Grounds PBeM was a
blast for
me!

Bill "Stray Cat" Shatswell

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #671 Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast