Prev: [DS] daleks (was Re: over sized walkers) Next: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #671

From: dadams@p...
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:49:21 +1000
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #671

The only way to get around this is to do away with the points and build
what
you want and field it as you please! Otherwise, I think Dirtside is
giving a
fair and realistic treatment to what is really a VERY unrealistic unit
type.
<<<

I am a big walker fan. Comes from way too much Macross, Patlabor and
Gundam.
Walkers are not the best in DSII, but they make the best fire magnets I
know.

Put 2 walkers in an army, and let them get blown away while your PG and
MDC
tanks get into knife fighting range. What Joy!

I would like to do a version of DSII optamised for walkers, mainly so
you can
have a BattleWarBotMech game, or Gundam or Macross.

(BTW , in SGII I use 1/60 Heldiver walkers which are aboitally inserted.
Best
Chaos makers around!)

Darryl

Prev: [DS] daleks (was Re: over sized walkers) Next: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs