Prev: RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: Re: Bailey's Lament

Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:53:49 +1000
Subject: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)

G'day Roger,

>This is all well and good, but unless you want to have everyone playing
>NAC you need to adjust point values on fleets to reflect the fact that
>everyone other than NAC has picked up a severe disadvantage.

Welll... rounding the means to closest integer (I need whole integer
ransk
for what I'll be using the results for) you get:

Nation	 CQ   LQ GP  VR Opp
ESU		2	3	3	3	2
FSE		3	4	3	4	3
NAC		4	3	4	4	3
NSL		4	4	4	4	4

CQ = crew Quality
LQ = Leader Quality
GP = General Professionalism
VR = Vessel Reliability
Opp = Opportunity

So I think the NSL may contend that the NAC aren't exactly streets ahead
of
everybody ;)

>Beth, time for another data point on the Survey?  Your survey is so
>small 1 person could severely weight it? :)

Quite possibility if they decided to give very extreme answers (e.g. all
1s
or 5s), however that'd be why I prefer to use the mode (not as easily
skewed and gives a better seperation of fleets - not so many sitting on
all
3/4) ;)

>Roger (Still maintaining that my FSE fleet is as well trained as the
>	best in the galaxy.  I don't feel I should be penalized because
>	of dislike of the French centuries before the combat occurs.)

I wouldn't exactly say the results suggest that Francophobia played
heavily
in the results, though being an FSE player too I was deeply mortified to
find they didn't rate 5 in everything ;)

I think if any nation should feel unjustly done by its the ESU which
sits
amongst, or below, the smaller nations - I guess the grit and "I'll
stand
here until I'm damn well dead" Russkies I think off (OK I play
Napoleonics)
isn't something that goes with the navy?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: Re: Bailey's Lament