Prev: RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: Re: Kra'vak: colors + organization

Re: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city]

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:05:02 -0500
Subject: Re: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city]

At 04:52 PM 1/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey folks from the land of reverse coriolis:
>
>IIRC, someone down there had setup a huge SG2 urban battle with a long
>running period and a huge urban board of some complexity of
construction. I
>recall people mentioning fighting it over many days and having a string
>represent the line of battle and having a governors manse or something
as
>part of the board. I always wanted to see pics of that battle. Did
someone
>get some? I was interested to see the huge urban section they built
(Owen,
>that you?) and I was interested in an AAR. I was told there would be
one,
>and I may have missed it.
>
>If not, how about it. If so, how about reposting a link or sending me
some
>pics? Would the people involved please let me know how this came out?

This is almost entirely irrelevant, but it *is* a pretty good picture of
cityscape....

I'm working on a gallery for my Destroy All Monsters! game, and I have
the
first picture up.  It's a bit huge, but it's the only one on the page,
and
I'll thumbnail it when I get around to adding others.

http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/MonsterG.html

The cityscape is 1/300ish, and there are some dimly visible Ogre tanks
and
missile tanks to give it all scale.  I'm going to run a modified DSII
game
on this kind of board eventually; either that or a 1/300th scale
skirmish
game.

And yeah, my souveniers from my trip to New York came in handy.
Somebody
*always* has to climb the Empire State, for some reason....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: Re: Kra'vak: colors + organization